What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his or her computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies do we use?
Below is a classification of cookies based on a number of categories. However, it is necessary to keep in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Depending on the entity that manages the device, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: Those managed exclusively by us that are sent to the user's device to ensure that the site works optimally.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's device from a computer or domain that is not managed by us but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the length of time the cookies remain active, they can be:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be preserved to provide the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie. These cookies have an erasure date. They are used, for example, in the purchase or registration process to avoid having to enter your information repeatedly.
According to their purpose, there are:
- Registration cookies: When the user enters our website and logs in, we install a temporary cookie of our own so that you can browse your user zone without having to enter your information repeatedly.
- Analysis cookies: They are used to study the behavior of users anonymously as they browse our website. This way we can know the most viewed contents, the number of visitors, etc. This information will be used to improve the browsing experience and optimize our services. They can be our own or third-party; the latter include Google Analytics cookies.
Setting, Querying and Disabling Cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by setting the browser options installed on your computer:
Google Chrome, from http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Apple Safari, from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Internet Explorer, from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Mozilla Firefox, from http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-which-sites-we
Opera, from http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/en-US/cookies.html
Everything related to Google's cookies, both analytical and advertising, as well as their administration and settings, can be seen at:
If you decide to disable cookies, we will not be able to offer you some of our services, such as staying identified.
Cookies on www.alfredgarciagotos.com may be updated, so we advise you to review our cookies policy periodically.